According to Entertainment Tonight, Crichton died after a long and quiet battle with cancer. His family said that his death was “unexpected”.
“While the world knew him as a great storyteller that challenged our preconceived notions about the world around us — and entertained us all while doing so — his wife Sherri, daughter Taylor, family and friends knew Michael Crichton as a devoted husband, loving father and generous friend who inspired each of us to strive to see the wonders of our world through new eyes,” said a statement by his family.
Crichton, who was born in Chicago, Illinois in 1942, was most famous for the writing of his Jurassic Park novels. He also published The Andromeda Strain, both of which went on to be major motion pictures. He also created, and was an active executive producer of the hit television show ER.
The Andromeda Strain was one of my early introductions to science-fiction, I read it in 1972.
That was after I saw the movie though. It helped me understand the book better.
Crichton’s works were always dry reading to me, but I did read most of them.
The last one I read, ‘Prey‘, was particularly dry. I found it very prescient though.
Happy trails Michael, maybe we’ll run across each other on the Wheel next time around.
Bush and Cheney Impeachable Crimes List
Bush has: Cheney has:
- Lied to Congress and Americans about why he attacked and occupies Iraq.
- Lied to Congress and Americans about Iraq having weapons of mass destruction.
- Admitted violating the 4th Amendment by warrantless wiretapping US citizens even before 9/11.
- Lied to Congress and Americans about alleged ties between Iraq and Al Qaeda.
- Violated the 8th Amendment and Geneva Conventions by torturing POWs.
- Openly threatened an attack on Iran in violation of the Constitution’s treaties prohibiting threats of force against a country that has not attacked us domestically.
- Nullified Congress’s legislative power with signing statements.
- Established a secret energy group, a violation of open-government laws.
- Disobeyed subpoenas for data and testimony of witnesses.
- Revealed the identity of a key CIA master agent, a treasonous act.
- Commuted the sentence of a felon to obstruct justice.
- Declared the office of Vice President was not part of the Executive branch.
- Failed to protect victims of hurricane Katrina.
- Played a key obstructive role in preventing the air attacks of 9/11.
- Used taxpayer money to push his Medicare bill.
- Profited through no-bid contracts awarded to a major defense firm in which he has a financial interest.
- Used service members to work for the Republican party.
- Was complicit in the 2004 election fraud via rigged voting machines.
Add these latest high crimes… Bush has:
- Stolen at least $29 billion from the Treasury Department to rescue the “sub-prime” mortgage-loan industry. Only Congress has the power to give out taxpayer money (Art. 1, Sec 8:2).
Quote of the Day:
The days of looking the other way while despotic regimes trample human rights, rob their nations’ wealth, and then excuse their failings by feeding their people a steady diet of anti-Western hatred are over.
Dick Cheney demonstrating irony
Couldn’t have said it better myself guys!
we haven’t forgotten about you, Georgie boy