Today is the 67th Anniversary of the Pearl Harbor, Hawaii bombing of the Pacific Battleship Fleet by the Imperial Japanese bringing the United States into World War Two, thus creating the world as we now know it.
Of course Pearl Harbor isn’t the only defining point in recent history, but it seems to be the template certain events have manifested themselves, such as the recent bombings in Mumbai, India; Madrid, Spain “3/11” in 2004, and the London Subways in 2005 ( referred as the “7/7” bombings) attest.
Sweet syncronicity, y’gotta luv it!
Some would claim this proves the existence of a ‘cabal’ of elites who think of themselves as latter day ‘pharoahs’, whose whims determine who lives.
And who dies.
On the other side of the coin, others proclaim that all is just coincidence, chaos and that the Universe in general is an ugly, violent place anyways, bad things happen to good and bad people equally.
My old friend The Highwayman would say I am too ‘careful’ in choosing sides in this matter. I prefer ‘agnostic’ myself, but who knows for certain what the truth is?
Or if we’ll ever discover ‘the truth’ at all?
This weeks’ issue is dedicated to the folks who explore the “wild and the wonderful” side of the Universe as another friend, Opit would say. These people have alot more experience in cataloging the esoteric that I, and it shows to me how much I have to learn yet.
Does the Universe have a guiding intelligence that manipulates Nature and physics as we know it?
Or is it all chance and probability?
- Zeitgeist Addendum (Christian take on Zeitgeist: The Movie and against the Coming Modern “Techno-Utopianism.”)
- DARPA & IBM building a “global brain”, “cognitive computer” for “monitoring people” and “the world.”
- “All the news I missed…” (Various news links about the government and the Singularity).
- Saturn’s polar hexagon continues to mesmerize and polarize the lab-coats.
- The government underground. Break glass in case of… contingency.
- Rise and fall of empires and temperatures linked?
- Book reviews by Chris Moriarty (Post-human Singularity novels).