As 2008 comes to a close and it seems like the world is crashing down around our ears (egged on by the mainstream-corpo media of course, at least here in ‘Amurrika’ anyway), one must learn to keep things in perspective.
Whether one believes in a world-wide conspiracy or not, the world needs thinking people now more than ever; folks who question the status quo and find the courage to study and scrutinize situations that seem illogical and out of place.
We Americans have bred an entire generation of young people, who were born during St. Ronnie Raygun’s “Morning In America” and coming of age in the twilight of Bu$hco II’s “Ownership Society”, deny the existence of the real world in all its ugliness and beauty and take anything the corporate controlled media pipe into their heads at face value.
Thus as a result, we have the most brain-washed and and uninquisitive generation of young people ever spawned; lacking any propensity or interest for scientific study at all.
Global studies are worst yet, most kids in school today can’t find Iran or Iraq on a world map if their lives depended on it (most American adults can neither, for that measure) and could care less!
I can provide stats and links to prove this hypothesis of course, but I won’t waste my time doing that; I’m ranting and blowing off steam and I trust my audience is intelligent enough to use the GooglePlex to find all the proof they need.
So how do we Americans fix this?
Well, Mr. Obama has promised to finance states in need of science and math teachers, mainly career changers:(http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20081229/ts_csm/abeaker).
I’ve considered this myself, if for no other reason than to work off my student loans I’m already enslaved to. And blue collar factory work is a fast dying way of life here in Amurrika, it’s only a matter of time before the owners of the company where I work closes its doors and ships out to China or an East European country anyways, so why not try out something different?
Unfortunately, most of these grants, scholarships and loan reductions depend on what I call an “enlistment” (usually three years) to teach in a “high needs” area, where the schools are generally under-funded and dangerous to begin with, where normal folks wouldn’t go into even armed with assault weapons!
Oh well, it all goes along with the scheduled teardown and rebuilding of our society (the worlds’ also) into a more structured, fascistic/socialist/corporate entity in which the population can be controlled more easily, i.e., to further usher in the Panopticon Singularity IMHO.
I wonder if they’ll monitor what kind of science I might teach these “high needs” kids?
Do you think I’d be able to “enlighten” them?
- David Icke: Barack Obama: The Naked Emperor (If one can overlook Icke’s propensity for shape-shifting reptilians, this is a good critique about Obama’s campaign)
- Dennis Miller: Tom Cruise, Scientology, and Holocaust Revisionism (Yup, that Dennis Miller, obviously not a Tom Cruise fan.)
- Cannock UFO Photographed
- Obama chooses Lincoln’s Bible for Inauguration (Does this guy throw around symbolism like softballs or what?)
- Bailing Out Bonuses (The banksters are just laughing their asses off at us sheeple, and what do we say? Baaa-aah!)
- Israel accused of massive war crime atrocities
- Is the ‘New World Order’ changing yet again? (No, all is going according to plan.)
- Holiday sales slump to force US store closings, bankruptcies
- University of Idaho zaps cancer with gold-coated nano-wires (The University of Idaho? What happened to Harvard, Cambridge, Yale and MIT? Bwahahahahaha!!)
- Food needs fundamental rethinking (Sure, growing gardens on city building roof tops is cool, but what will the weaponizers (Monsanto, Bayer, De Laval) of the global food supply say about that?)
- Illuminati reveal crazy, apocalyptic agenda (God’s “deal” with the Devil? Is it as crazy as it sounds?)
Project Camelot (Various updates)
- 2006 interview with “Mr. X” (redone with improved audio) Click here
- Russian Professor Predicts End Of U.S. (But, but, what about the North American Union?)
- Green fuel technologies pick up speed in 2008
- Most extreme news stories of 2008
- 2008: The year in spaceflight
- News review 2008: Reality returns to the White House (I’ll believe it when I see it!)
- Scientists succeed through stem cell therapy in reversing brain birth defects
- Study shows competition, not climate change, led to Neanderthal extinction
- Matrix fragments trigger fatal excitement (Matrix, hmmmm…..)
Marc Stiegler, Earthweb
David Drake, Starliner
David Weber, The Shadow of Saganami
(Click on author’s name at the site to read online, download or purchase)
- “Lungfish” (A Brin classic)
- “Riding The Crocodile” (An Egan classic)
- Steve Bowers: Betrayals Chapter 2
- Poul Anderson: “The Burning Bridge”
- Jack Williamson’s “Legion of Space” review