I heard something on the radio this morning that made me smile and shake my head in a “no screaming eagle-shit” kind of way.
News wonks on NPR were talking about the “similarities” between Barack Obamanator and Gee Duhhbya Bu$hco when it comes to “protecting” the Amerikan sheeple, especially when it comes to “Homeland” Security. It seems that since Mr. Obama’s been selected…er…elected, he’s changed his tune on various topics, like closing Gitmo.
The reason of the backtracking about Gitmo is that most of the people being held are finally going to get some kind of court hearing, be it military tribunal or regular trial. Although they might get their day in court, they are still “very dangerous people” who have to be kept away from the US public, and thus Gitmo isn’t going to be shut down anytime soon.
Another way in which Obama doesn’t differ much from his predecessor is the current genocide against the Palestinian people and his ominous silence concerning it.
Let’s face facts here, the Zionist Israelis are doing government sanctioned ethnic cleansing while the world just turns their back on a helpless, defenseless people. The US government has made it clear that “we” (The very word makes me want to gag, puke and wash my mouth out with bleach) back the Zionist government of Israel without reservation. And that in my view, makes us complicit in committing war crimes.
But of course, the history of the Middle East since the 1920s (and the whole history of the US) is written in the blood of the innocent, so we are kind of numb to the travail of others.
The Zionists of both countries must be licking their chops over those offshore gas fields of Gaza right at this moment also.
Not to speak of the reduction of US troops in Iraq down to the 70,000 – 75,000 level to hole up in the $790 billion fortress in order to open up another front in Pakistan and to strengthen troop levels in Afghanistan in order to finally get that oil/gas pipeline built in order to undermine Russia’s energy/economic influence in the area.
Perception is everything and it’s important to the US government’s puppet masters that the propaganda keeps coming hard and heavy in order to keep the sheeple sleepy. Unfortunately, most of the sheeple enjoy their somnolence and distractions, with no desire to be awakened.
So what do we do?
Keep putting the message out there until it is altogether outlawed. There’ll always be people who want to discover what is happening in the world around them like there’ll always be folk who don’t.
If we force the issue on a public who doesn’t want it, we are no better than the elites who want to force their own vision of the world upon us.
And that’ll give us the moral high-ground.
- Obama vs. The National Intelligence Estimate (About Iran’s “nuclear” program which was discredited in 2007. Goes with Obama’s willingness to continue with Geedumb’s policy.)
- Obama’s allegedly “new” centrism (Beltway pundit religion)
- Israeli Forces into Gaza City; Hamas Fighters Brace for Guerrilla Actions
- Only an America First PAC Can Stop the Madness
- Obama: Wants To Look Forward, But “I Don’t Think Anyone Is Above The Law.”
- GEF: The Spin, I’m In!: “To War Weary Populations”
- Ex-guard who saw ‘torture’ calls co-workers ‘psychotic’
- Obama not likely to prosecute torture
- UK, Europe hit with riots over Israels’ Gaza ‘campaign’
- Unusually Large US Weapons Shipment To Israel
- Boy Meets Jews In Rothschild-Occupied Palestine
- Monsanto Investigator In Illinois Laughs They Are Doing ‘Rural Cleansing’
- Jim Humble: The Story behind The Miracle Mineral Supplement
- Jessica Schab: A Crystal Child Speaks Out
- Jake Simpson: The Biggest Secret (Audio File)
Alien View News: Altered Egos (Lehmberg’s Ongoing War With The RRRGroup)
Damn Data: Air Kraken Collides With Wind Turbine (Lovecraftian ‘Old One?’)
- Nick Pope on Tentacled UFO (see above) Attack on Wind Turbine: Russian Connection?
- Through The Looking Glass: Bark At The Moon (Examples of Blatant Esoteric Symbolism in the Media)
- Larry Niven, Jerry Pournell and Michael Flynn: “Fallen Angels”
- News from a Red Cross worker in Gaza (May not be sci-fi, but an unbiased observation to the genocide in Gaza)
Charlie Stross: Dr. Strangecraft, I presume? ( A kind-of-hint about what theme Charlie might use in his future fiction )
- Steve Bowers: “Betrayals”, chapter 3
- Voices/Future Tense ( January ’09 Issue )
- Overview of past and future spaceship propulsion methods
Dad2059’s own classic: “St. John Lamont” anthology