There’s much, or not much I can write about this week that others have covered so well. Since this ezine’s main focus is supposed to be science, science-fiction and esoterica, I feel I should write more about those topics than I do.
So after a small amount of research, I’ve come across some science items that could also be considered esoteric, if one was inclined to believe so.
From livescience , scientists are improving the quantum entanglement method to the point where they can actually transport/teleport atoms faster than the speed of light.
This is interesting because this violates the bedrock tenet of our physics, Einstein’s Theory of Special Relativity , which proclaims that mass can approach the speed of light, but not attain or surpass it. Stay tuned for this.
The next example could be linked as a possible explanation for the UFO phenomenon is this post from Centauri Dreams , titled A Science Fictional Take on Being There . The premise is a thought experiment extrapolated from Seth Shostak’s post on Space.com about “…if aliens are more advanced than us, why would they travel here in physical spaceships?”
While I disagree with Shostak’s take that we’ll never develop a physical means of star travel and his continuous debunking of the UFO phenomenon without even entertaining the thought, he might have inspired a possible explanation for it. ( And above link )
Philosopher Nick Bostrum posited that our Universe, or “reality”, is an ancestor study virtual reality program being run by our post-human descendents. Very esoteric theory, n’est pas?
If my descendents are watching me right now, all I can say is “Eat shit, kiss my hairy arse, bark at the moon” and “I hope you’re enjoying the show assholes!”
Finally, The Secret Sun’s site author Chris Knowles further explores his theme of study, Astronaut Theology, and its relationship with astronauts ( obviously ), movies, movie actors and the connections with ancient Egypts’ Shemsu Hor. Good stuff there if you’re a student of the esoteric and ancient history like I am.
In the meantime, I’m still ‘Tubeless at home, so I’m posting what I can, when I can. Hopefully, very soon that will be rectified.
Some politics for you political junkies:
- White House web site to post upcoming legislation
- Wolfowitz’s strange statement two months before 9/11
- Better Late Than Never..Conyers Hauling In Karl Rove…
- Gonzales: “I Don’t Think That There’s Going To Be A Prosecution”
- Conyers: Universal Healthcare Bill Today
- New Legislation Authorizes FEMA Camps In U.S.
- U.N. crime chief says drug money flowed into banks
- In America, Speaking the Truth is a Career-Ending Event
- Data Bill Will Wipe Out Privacy At A Stroke
- Nations Turn To Barter For Food
- Robert Baer – US Military Veto On Iran Attack
- Iran Moves To Hold War Crimes Tribunal
- Pakistan Army Finally Getting Electronic Jammers To Scramble “Radio Mullah”
- CIA Insurgents Stage Attack On Iranian Border Guard
- It’s Worse Than You Think
- Pelosi signals willingness to add to TARP funds
- Prison Buses In The Desert
- Ron Paul: Stimulus Packages Will Turn Recession Into A Depression
- Obama’s Neocon: The Curious Case of Richard Holbrooke
- Demands for Israeli war crimes probe grow
Red Ice Creations
- Jim Elvidge: The Singularity Will Not Occur, Programmed Reality & Infomania ( podcast, follow download instructions )
- David Livingstone: The Muslim Brotherhood, Johannites & Shabbatean Frankists ( podcast, follow download instructions )
Project Camelot : Benjamin Fulford’s alleged “tumor” removal from his spine and “Dr.” Dan Burisch’s “consultation.”
- Scientists Doubt Claims Over Sea ‘fertilization’
- Complete Genetic Maps of Key Biofuel Crop
- Astronomers Get a Sizzling Weather Report From Distant Planet ( More advocacy of remote sensing ‘exploration’ ? )
- Cooking up new gelled rocket fuels ( *yawn*, “chem rockets, chem rockets and yet more chem rockets” )
- Astronauts on International Space Station Lose Alarming Amounts of Hipbone Strength ( Building space craft using spinning centripital force for gravity would cure a lot of that shit.)
- Super-rich still want to boldly go into space
- Project Orion Video (*sigh* Memories of days of future past.)
- How people will travel FASTER than the speed of light in the Singularity! ( Nice dreams, but I found that the ‘Singularity’ is just another religion.)
- Why We Shouldn’t End Our Manned Space Program ( ‘Nuff sed.)
Orson Scott Card’s classic “Ender’s Game”
E.E. ‘Doc’ Smith’s “Masters of Space”
Jules Verne’s “All Around the Moon”
Fred Pohl’s “The Day of the Boomer Dukes”